By Alan Lew
Synopsis from Amazon:
- Written in a hot, obtainable, and intimate variety, BE nonetheless AND GET GOING will contact people who are looking for an real religious perform that speaks to them of their personal cultural language.- Lew's first e-book, "One God Clapping (Jewish lighting fixtures Publishing, 2/01), used to be a "San Francisco Chronicle bestseller and winner of the PEN Josephine Miles Award for Literary Excellence. "Publishers Weekly hailed him as "a perceptive thinker" for his "refreshing and infrequently startling perspective" in his final publication, "This Is actual and also you Are thoroughly Unprepared (Little, Brown and corporate, 2003).- Lew is among the such a lot sought-after rabbis at the lecture circuit. He has had nationwide media publicity for his dynamic fusion of japanese perception and biblical studies, having been the topic of news on ABC information, the "McNeil Lehrer information Hour, and diverse NPR programs.- some time past 5 years there were nationwide meetings on Jewish meditation in San Francisco, la, and Miami the place Lew has been a featured speaker.
Read or Download Be Still and Get Going: A Jewish Meditation Practice for Real Life PDF
Similar spirituality books
This can be a transparent and in-depth presentation of the conventional Theravadin focus meditation often called jhana perform, from authors who've practiced the jhanas in retreat less than the assistance of 1 of the good residing meditation masters, Pa Auk Sayadaw. The authors describe the strategies and their effects, according to their very own adventure.
If the Buddha Married is full of an identical hugely functional, spiritually sound suggestions that so essentially touched a chord with readers of If the Buddha Dated. Charlotte Kasl, Ph. D. , is popular for her skill to talk with intensity, knowledge, and humor on very important issues of the heart.
In this new e-book, Kasl evokes us to create pleasant and colourful relationships via a dedication to know-how and fact. Combining key teachings of Buddhism with parts of psychology, If the Buddha Married turns into a sensible and depended on consultant in the course of the joys and thickets of relationships that final and grow.
From Publishers Weekly - "Last 12 months, psychotherapist Charlotte Kasl explored the 1st flushes of romance in If the Buddha Dated; now she takes your next step in If the Buddha Married: growing Enduring Relationships on a non secular course. there's a few robust, clever marital recommendation right here, yet how Buddhist is it? One obvious undeniable fact that Kasl by no means quite a bit as mentions is that the Buddha did have a spouse and baby, whom he deserted within the quest for enlightenment. A extra fascinating e-book might have investigated the tensions among the calls for (and joys) of marital relationships and the individual's have to embark at the non secular trip. "
"Charlotte Kasl does a stunning task weaving japanese philosophy into modern-day relationships. " --Janet Luhrs, writer of straightforward Loving
Name word: formerly released as Sacred Sleep: goals & the Divine
Publish yr be aware: First released in 1999
Dreaming the Divine via Scott Cunningham is likely one of the most unusual books ever released on goals. such a lot gurus agree that desires are vitally important for these on a non secular course. This booklet exhibits you the way to push past the bounds of normal dreaming, and introduces you to the concept that of constructing sleep a non secular act.
This method is called "dream incubation" or "sacred sleep. " The procedure used to be practiced in dream temples round the old international, together with these in Egypt, Babylon, Greece, and Rome. Dream incubation is the method of constructing sacred desires for a selected function: therapeutic, suggestion, glimpses of the longer term, safety, belief of youngsters, conflict plans, and a bunch of different purposes.
Now you could research this method in Dreaming the Divine.
Tucked inside of this e-book, you'll locate functional and easy innovations for receiving sacred messages on your desires, together with:
- how you can arrange for sacred sleep
- Dream rituals and spells to accomplish your sacred sleep pursuits
- The meanings of dream symbols obvious in the course of sacred sleep
- Dream messengers and deities from various cultures
- usual sleep-inducing concepts together with prayer, particular baths, distinct meals to devour and others to prevent, herb teas, scented pillows, aromatherapy, and several other others
- tips on how to take into accout and checklist your sacred sleep desires.
Seeking communion with the divine via desires is among the oldest kinds of own spirituality. Sacred sleep is a technique to take away spirituality from the fingers of the "experts" and position it the place it belongs: within the hearts, minds, and goals of daily humans.
Get "Dreaming the Divine "and make your dreamtime targeted.
Within the 16th century, Antinous Bellori, a boy of 11, is misplaced in a gloomy woodland and stumbles upon gleaming beings, one wearing a spear, the opposite a flaming torch . .. This occasion is decisive in Bellori's existence, and he thereafter devotes himself to the pursuit and learn of angels, the intermediaries of the divine.
- Does God Believe in Atheists?: How past atheist and agnostic thinking shapes people's thinking today
- 50 Spiritual Classics: Timeless Wisdom from 50 Great Books on Inner Discovery, Enlightenment and Purpose
- Petite table, sois mise !
- Life Driven Purpose: How an Atheist Finds Meaning
- The Wind Is My Mother: The Life and Teachings of a Native American Shaman
- I Heard God Laughing: Poems of Hope and Joy
Extra resources for Be Still and Get Going: A Jewish Meditation Practice for Real Life
Even though I was down, the wings were good. Still, I had trouble letting go of those last two minutes. I knew I was the reason we had lost. It’s one thing to start well, but you have to finish—you have to follow through. You have to be able to win the big one and deliver when the game is on the line. But as we talked through the feelings, I realized that for fifty-eight minutes in the biggest game of my life, I’d played some of my best football. There was so much pressure to perform in that game.
He wanted to find his own way. Since he didn’t play quarterback, people would ask, “Why don’t you play quarterback like Drew? ” He heard that a lot, and it made him mentally tough—that and all the whuppings he took from me. The truth is, I always felt like Reid was tougher than me. Of course, that was my plan all along: I was preparing him. When Reid went to college, he partied a little too hard, got a couple of tattoos, probably because he knew our parents would not approve. He was rebellious like that.
But remember this: when you least expect it, that opportunity will present itself. ” I sat there and thought about what she’d said. My mother was an athlete and a competitor, and I valued her opinion. Besides, with a grandfather who was a coach and an uncle who’d played for the University of Texas, I didn’t want to feel like I was missing out on some experiences. This might be something I’ll regret for the rest of my life if I don’t at least follow through with this year. ” I said. “I think I’ll stick it out for a little bit longer, and we’ll see how it goes.